Home  >  Discuss  >  Discussions  >  Discuss Spotlight  >  Thread

1 of 1
This Week’s Programs
Posted: 09 July 2009 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08 October 2008

What do you think about this week’s programs? For example, what do you think about growing body parts? And do you like steel pan music? Chat to other listeners here.

Posted: 16 July 2009 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05 June 2008

I wrote one of this week’s programs: “Thinking About Pain”. This subject interests me because where I live, people do all they can to get rid of pain. yet pain for some people is a big part of their life. So how do they manage to live with pain? I was particularly interested in the opinions of a doctor who worked in India for many years with people who suffer form leprosy. Leprosy is a terrible skin disease. It kills the nerves so that people no longer feel pain. So they may burn or cut themsleves without knowing. This doctor believed that pain was a good thing, because it showed that something was wrong and caused the person to do something about their state. What do you think??
Have a good day,
Ruby

Posted: 16 July 2009 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  06 January 2009

Hello!
I have liked so much this week´s programms, because they are what I have thinking in this days. I listing to programs this week: Mandela day and Populacion…; and I have thinking a lot of about this. Sometimes I don´t know what I can do to changing the world situacions, but we can start by the little things, how the programms had presented for us.
“See you in the next spotlight programm”
God bless you!

Posted: 17 July 2009 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07 November 2008

I wrote today’s program on the Umuvumu Tree Project in Rwanda.  This was a very difficult, but important program for me.  I have included below a few quotes and links to information that did not make it into the program

“Eighty-three-year-old John Hebian Berriff lost 187 family members in the genocide, yet he has forgiven all those responsible.”
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/april-17-2009/rwandan-reconciliation/2708

“Without God, I would hate such killers with all of my heart,” said Rucyahana.  “But with God, I can truly say that I love them.  We cannot wait until the pain is over.  We must forgive now, like Jesus did while He was on the cross.”
http://www.demossnewspond.com/pf/news/prison_fellowship_board_recognizes_rwandan_bishop_for_outstanding_acts_of_f/

“Rwandans cannot afford to wait “until the pain is over,” says Rucyahana. In Rwanda, he sees a parable of reconciliation: “I think God is using this, the humility, the brokenness, the ashes, to set an example for other countries … If Rwanda can recover from this … other nations can recover.”
http://www.newsweek.com/id/192462

If you follow this link, you can read a story about how Umuvumu works with genocide criminals.  And how the criminals are admitting to their crimes and finding freedom in the truth.
http://www.prisonfellowship.org/pf-stories-nav/transformed-life-stories/341-charting-a-route-to-restoration?start=2

Grace and Peace to you all,
Robin

Posted: 17 July 2009 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  06 January 2009

Thank you for Umuvumu programm. It was a good example for us.
God help us to practice the forgiven!

Posted: 22 July 2009 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  22 June 2009

Hi Steve.All programs are fantastic.Though I have begun my adventure with english recently and I learn by myself,I be glad that I can learn with your assistance.
It is difficult but each day I’m lisener you program. Till now I have found out many interesting things.I hope to make with each month less and less spelling mistakes.
You can make also program about   The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity.You will find all available informations of these foundations in internet.
Greetings for whole group.

Posted: 22 July 2009 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  18 July 2009

It’s a very good initiative! This helps know about (and travel for) many areas and, too, learn English easily more!

Posted: 02 December 2009 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  02 December 2009

This is a good job..It good in initiative,helping others who in needs..

Regards

Zainen

Posted: 04 January 2010 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  04 January 2010

hi all, could any one tell me the name of the music played at the end in program “3863 Making a Life-Saving Medicine”, i think it was played by a violist, it’s so great.
thank you and happy new year

Posted: 12 January 2010 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Joined  12 January 2010

Could I see Spotlight Team’s picture ?

your website is very nice but it will be more friendly if you show Spotlight Team’s picture and their name too smile

because I and all listeners just hear your voices ..now we’d like to see your face and know you more.

God bless you all

Posted: 15 January 2010 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05 December 2009
Mardegan - 16 July 2009 11:24 AM

Hello!
I have liked so much this week´s programms, because they are what I have thinking in this days. I listing to programs this week: Mandela day and Populacion…; and I have thinking a lot of about this. Sometimes I don´t know what I can do to changing the world situacions, but we can start by the little things, how the programms had presented for us.
“See you in the next spotlight programm”
God bless you!

Posted: 15 January 2010 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05 December 2009

in my life have so many people so “this reason that reason “.they have difference life. some people live with pain all in their life.so to do any thing in your ability to help another people overcome pain in their life we should do instanly.
I think that thing wiil make our life more happy.I see in my country have so many organization charity are setted up to help poor people treat disease.

Posted: 17 January 2010 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Rank
Joined  18 January 2010

I have a question about “Network of Men Leaders”, this program.

Voice 3
“As I launch this Network, I call on men and boys everywhere to join us. Break the silence. When you witness violence against women and girls, do not sit back. Act. Speak out against it. Unite to change the practices and thinking that incite, cause, and encourage this violence. Violence against women and girls will not be stopped until all of us - men and boys - refuse to accept it.”

How could we incite, cause and encourage this violence? Shouldn’t we stop the violence?

Posted: 02 April 2010 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  26 February 2010

peace be up on all .. islamic salutations..  firstly i would like to thank spotlight team sooooooooooooo much i learned a lot of things from your programs. but i wanna say some thing or suggest some idea i wanna some passages be american and some passages be british english. to prevent the mix between the two pronunciation. again thanks spotlight tooooooo much. peace for all bye             ,,  egypt ,,

1 of 1

Improve Your English ››